Penza State University jointly with the University of National and World Economy (Sofia, Bulgaria) and the Ural State Pedagogical University (Yekaterinburg, Russia) are organizing an international conference on “Language, Law, Society” on 22-26 May 2018 in Penza.
The call for papers is open until 1 March 2018.
To download the call for papers click here.
Topics of the conference include inter alia the following:
- The language of law as a language for specific purposes.
- Linguistic aspects of legal techniques and interpretation of legal acts.
- Legal terminology
- Linguistic expertise of texts of various functional types
- Advertising text as an object of linguistic research and legal regulation, Problems of state control in advertising
- Language and law in the context of language policy. Official language and its legal and linguistic aspects.
- Speech manipulation in the media: linguistic and legal aspects.
- Problems of intercultural communication and translation of legal texts.
- Language and legal communication. Legal discourse as a cultural phenomenon.
- The role of literature in the formation of the legal culture of society.
- Formation of linguistic competence of future legal experts.
There will also be a roundtable on “Legal term outside legal discourse: status, problems of functioning”
- Conference languages: Russian, English.
- There is no participation fee.
- The conference organizers can provide a scheduled videoconferencing function for the participants who are miles away from the venue.